Northwestel Community TV cable-casts public-access Community channels in both Whitehorse, YT and Yellowknife, NT (Ch 709 HD) with the following goals:
- Help Northerners develop video production skills and create Northern video content.
- Provide a northern audience across different platforms to enable video producers to share their relevant work with an expanded Northern audience.
Northwestel provides the following support for northern producers interested in creating original content and expanding their video production skills:
- Development support and Production broadcast licenses to trigger expanded funding options in the development of larger-scale projects to be shown on Northwestel Community TV.
- Projects involving the Canada Media Fund, Yukon Media Development, NWT Film Commission and other major funding sources.
- Production, Development and Digital-Media support.
- Work with Northwestel Community TV staff to create non-commercial programming relevant to community needs and interests.
- Development, Production and Technical mentorship to help you create your own relevant programming,
- Direct production support on projects – gear, production expertise, editing and post-production
- We license existing films and television programs for viewing on our channels and Video-On-Demand
- Learn different facets of the production process while working on projects of community engagement.
Northwestel Community TV aims to present programming of interest to its northern communities along the following principles:
- Content that is created in and/or created by residents of and/or relevant to residents of the regions of the Northwestel operating area.
Northwestel welcomes all inquiries or interest from the public to participate in Community TV and the following policies and guidelines are designed to promote efficient and equitable access to our channels and resources and help us determine suitable programming.
For more information, please check out: